Monday 19 December 2016

Seasons Greetings


So here it is, an update on my blog. After living in the USA for a month, I can happily say that I feel comfortable here; it just feels like living in another part of the country, with new city, places and people to meet.  Of course the best thing is being close to your other half, knowing that there isn’t a flight or obstacle that will stop you spending a moment together, feels amazing and such a relief. As for the paperwork, for me especially it continues, from social security to driving, more money and forms are needed. Thinking ahead, hopefully by this time next year, there will be no more and I can work towards developing my career and continue my monthly podcasts.

As what has happened in the mean time, take a gander at the few shows I recently went to below. The last UK shows were, Alien Ant Farm and the brilliant Allusondrugs with some great local and international supports. Then my first ever gig over the pond, here in USA, was a radio Christmas show. The Mini festival starred Bastille, Awolnation and Andrew McMahon, and safe to say was an event. All three acts commanded the crowed as their own.  Overall, it was a warming and electrifying show all round, made even better by finding two dollars on the floor, poor people I tell you.

Another standout moment of my time here so far was my first Thanksgiving, surrounded by family and my better half we got to host the brilliant holiday complete with tasty food. As well as meeting my new nephew in law, happiest baby ever!

So to the future and the New Year, in terms of music another podcast is coming soon with interviews to follow but due to no travel they will be less often. Personally, the wedding is less than two months away! We both can’t wait and are excited to host one of the biggest days of our lives. To celebrate our love with others and eat great food is no better way to do it.

Here is to the future friends, happy holidays 2016.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kenny making plenty of hoops.

 KennyHoopla at The Rave Milwaukee - 11-26-2021 From rags to riches it seems as KennyHoopla has gone from an online artist to a new rock s...