Sunday 7 August 2016

Titanic Lake Komo


Lake Komo – 26-07-16

Different kind of night as I headed to The Adelphi Club for this show, first there wasn’t a guest list yet but they still let me in (sign I come to often). I contacted the tour manager, great guy to set up the interview I had been given, they invited me down to Weatherspoon’s but it shut down! You know it’s bad for the economy when one of their pubs shuts anyway, sorry side tracked. After meeting up with the band near Weatherspoon’s we walked to an Egyptian restaurant which is actually one minute walk from my house, the service in there was slow with one person cooking got annoying. Back to the music I chatted with the band about their planned big Lancaster gig which they filmed and recorded maybe for future release they said, watch this space. We also did chat about random questions and their new song Milwaukee which was not named after the city or anything to do with the state of Wisconsin. It was used as a name for the song from someone’s jumper in the recording studio. Random song name yes but random song, no, the song is powerful both in composition and delivery.



In terms of the live show, unfortunately I missed the supports due to lake Egyptian food but having seen both local supports before, Wake Up In Vegas & Yasmin Coe I would recommend them both. As for Lake Komo’s set, it is much better when you know the songs, which I did this time around. They delivered their new and older songs brilliantly as a tight well knitted unit, gliding from what can only be described as one hit to another. There could be the criticism that they lack the stage presence to interact and relate with an audience, however, they are still in the forming steps as a band and nerves can come out. Brilliant live sound none the less and I still feel very lucky to be seeing this band playing toilet circuit tours. As I am sure next year this band like Clean Cut Kid and Blossoms will be hitting high into the charts and playing sold out shows across the UK.

 DO NOT HANG ABOUT, Lake Komo are just like the name suggests, perfect and immense.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kenny making plenty of hoops.

 KennyHoopla at The Rave Milwaukee - 11-26-2021 From rags to riches it seems as KennyHoopla has gone from an online artist to a new rock s...