Thursday 8 September 2016

For medicinal purposes only


As I start to complete another stage of the USA visa process another one begins, this time it is the medical.

If travelling to London via a bus and train is not enough of a pain, try parting with hundreds of pounds to get Okayed by a doctor before getting jabbed with more vaccinations. Although it sounds like a hassle and a pain, deep down I love it, for what it means is way of being closer to the one I miss so dearly. The trip started out early getting to London for about 11pm. After running my phone low on the bus I was getting off to notice a socket below my feet, dam! The train journey was better with my better half making the journey quick and painless as I approached London once again the game plan was set, to the hostel. Usually I rough it around the big cities because am stupid and cheap and now with the night tube anyone could do just that providing they don’t sleep and are up for an adrenaline rush haha. I managed to easily get to the Hostel (Hyde Park Inn), a neat little hostel that has breakfast in with the price, my stay was £10 bargain! These hostel beds even had curtains on them for added privacy and they certainly need them in a sweaty hot room full of 10+ guys! The staff could be improved and I was lucky enough to be greeted with another residents bail letter from the police for theft, it was just lying in my bunk. Safe to safe I was panicked but nothing I thought I couldn’t handle and climb the stairs and unpacked my things for a night of uneasy slumber. Better than most times, I managed to get 5 hours sleep roughly.

The next morning after a quick freshen up and breakfast I set off two hours ahead of my appointment on foot to find the surgery. I took a small stroll through Hyde Park, a first for me and was amazed by how much green space London still has, it’s great to see. As the sun beamed down I made it to the surgery with just short of an hour to go, luckily it wasn’t far from Oxford Street, so through the hidden paths I went spotting some great art along the way before taking in some retail therapy. Picking up a new Zeeeebra shirt (getting my USA language ready) and a braking bad costume/waterproof (2.99 bargain outfit from HMV, last one was buzzing!), I was happy and shopped out. Making my way back through the narrow streets I got into the medical and sat in the waiting room with a large amount of other people wondering if the company will be making at least 10,000 per day here!



Sitting in the waiting room, it dawned on me, thanks to the note for reminding me that I needed to get slaves UK tickets for the Hull venue, £1.99 a ticket for a band who have sold out 4000 cap rooms yes please! In order to order I had to use the bathroom as my appointment was also 10am. Unfortunately after being 10 seconds too late I did not get one, rather than relived I left the bathroom gutted. Back to the medical first up was an x-ray, a big guy took me to his office, didn’t introduce himself but just said get your top off face that board with the door open. Me having the background I have was stunned and thought of ways his practice could be vastly improved, what if I was female. After that I sat in the waiting room again before being called for the doctors review, chatting with him, he seemed just glad to be getting paid although we did share some conversations about him being from Michigan and me travelling to Wisconsin, small world. Back to the waiting room I went before being called next by the nurse, going through my vaccination record she highlighted one vaccination and my thoughts were fuck, would this delay me, would this cost me! Luckily it was only a one off TB top up, with that completed again I was sent to the waiting room, to be called forward for the payment and go. Overall it was a quick process and well ran business but what do you expect when they eat away at your savings. Paying the money felt painful but once I stepped outside it felt great like a weight lifted, one more application process left!

Leaving the doctors I had to get across London for another pre booked meeting. On the bus trip down to London I received a survey email asking me about fashion, I took the survey as per but then they asked if you would like to take part in person for £50 I was like yes! Luckily it timed perfectly with me in London. So off to Camden I went to meet the web designers behind ASOS.com. Set up in a temporary office I was asked questions and videoed by the company to see my shopping experience on a phone. A simple task it was with lots of blagging about fashion but needless to say I made £50 for less than an hour’s work, boom!

Before running back to the station for the megabus/train back I had chance to grab a burger and admire the sights/ graffiti of Camden one last time, somethings will be missed on the voyage across the ocean, this maybe one. Leaving London I am excited to go back as soon as possible, not for the sights, the food or the culture, the simple fact of completing the long process to be able to hold her hand and not have to let go. Until next entry, peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kenny making plenty of hoops.

 KennyHoopla at The Rave Milwaukee - 11-26-2021 From rags to riches it seems as KennyHoopla has gone from an online artist to a new rock s...