Sunday 18 September 2016

Pup, Parrots, Pizza


Another busy gig day travelling, listening to sound checks and getting to chat with three bands before bed, all in a days work.

New band, The Parrots make a flying trip over to the UK from Madrid to promote their debut album, but it was the support act that drew me to the show tonight. However before the main gig tonight in Leeds I quickly changed the plan to add in a trip to the Brudnell social club as PUP (Canadian band) were in town as well! After departing the train and looking around the usual shops in Leeds I headed for the Brudnell social club on the residential area of Leeds, great venue with many famous faces playing there in the past. From past to the present, todays stars were PUP a band who I have been following for past few years but never got around to seeing them. Previous to today I was trying my hardest to organise an interview with the band, however their press contact does not reply, there lead man, Stefan does though, a cool guy. Not only did he reply but give me an interview at the venue pre show. After chatting with the guitarist for the podcast, I was lucky enough to stay in the venue and watch them sound check two songs and watch the support band Solids sound check as well as getting things signed (see link for interview, will be live by Nov 2016).

However, that was the end of one adventure, would have loved to stop for the gig but I had another interview awaiting and a show I have been wanting to catch for a while. To Head row house I headed, a modern venue and my first time in it, daunting at first by where to go I headed up the winding stairs to a beautiful roof terrace, heading back down to the second level I found the event space as it were, Luckily enough, The Orielles were just sound checking with the Parrots watching, after getting something signed very lovingly by the Spanish parrots, I awaited to chat the main event The Orielles. The interview took place on the roof, as we (me and Orielles) chatted nervously through an interview, it was evident that these three are not too far from my mind set of being reserved creative individuals that are constantly thinking of what to do next (again interview in coming months).

After customising my vinyl’s they headed for food, while I checked out the show below, first act a two piece from Leeds, left a good impression on the handful of crowd present. It was left to The Orielles to kick things up a notch, by laying down their dreamy surf rock they drew in the bigger crowd. The headliners tonight The Parrots, usually go even crazier, however due to late set times and my last train times, I had to leave pre parrots show, gutted but am sure there music and tour will soon see them fly my way again. Even though I was home early, it was still an awesome day and made a new contact in the form of pizzaforthepeople. A great promoter duo who are putting on a special gig night featuring brilliant acts, including Night Owls, Narcs and Le BĂȘte Blooms. It will not just be any gig as there will be pizza available among other activities and food, so check it out now on twitter and more.



https://www.facebook.com/theorielles/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kenny making plenty of hoops.

 KennyHoopla at The Rave Milwaukee - 11-26-2021 From rags to riches it seems as KennyHoopla has gone from an online artist to a new rock s...