Friday 14 October 2016

Beans On Toast, Small Talk


Beans on Toast, do you want to introduce yourself and tell us your talents? What have you been up to today?

Good morning, I'm Beans on Toast drunk folk singer from Essex. I've just woken up. I'm on tour across the pond right now and currently in Chicago. Which is very nice indeed, a great city and I'm playing at a place called the beat Kitchen tonight.

When was the last time you had beans on toast, what is the perfect beans on toast (type/presentation/etc)?
They don't have Beans on Toast in the USA, which is a pain cos nobody understands my name out here. Wasn't long ago since I had it, but if I'm honest I do prefer spaghetti hoops, that just didn't have the same ring to it.

You are going out on a huge long tour playing around the UK, what are the personal essentials you pack for tour, any lucky mascots?
No much to be honest, I like to travel light. T shirt, pants, guitar, phone, wallet. Don't need much else to tour.

Are you heading out on this tour alone?
No i"ll be with my long time touring partner and right hand man Mr Bobby Banjo and where possible my wife Lizzy Bee will join us. On the tour is also the band Tensheds, a fantastic duo from Hebden Bridge and Sky Smeed a Country singer from Kansas, Sky will be jumping in the van with us aswell. He's a blast.

Do you have any bad travel or tour stories from the past?
Bad stories?? Not me officer. It's all good out here. Never been one to complain.

You are heading out on tour in preparation for your new album, ‘A SPANNER IN THE WORKS’ which sees you take a new direction including electronics. How did you come to start experimenting with this new sound?
This was my 8th album, I like to make each one with a different person in a different place and decided to do this one utilizing the incredible array of sounds you can make on a laptop computer, I wrote the whole album on guitar then set about to record them without guitar at all. We put the whole thing together in a few sessions. It was fun and I'm really proud of the record.

You collaborated with Scampi Dan on this album did his decisions influence how the album turned out?
Dan's a really good old friend of mine, so was a pleasure to work with. It was actually him that suggested doing a record without guitars so that was a big influence.

Are we expecting more loops at the shows turning you into a punk Jack Garrett?
Not at all. Live shows will stay with the guitar, banjo, harmonica set up. Thats who the songs were written. Not gonna start bring a laptop on stage, that not my vibe.

Can you pick one song to sum up the album?
Probably Afternoons in the sunshine which will be the next song that people hear from the record. It's got bass heavy samples, interesting drum loops and some live trumpet. Which gets the idea across.

Final last words?
Just be nice and keep it real x


http://beansontoastmusic.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kenny making plenty of hoops.

 KennyHoopla at The Rave Milwaukee - 11-26-2021 From rags to riches it seems as KennyHoopla has gone from an online artist to a new rock s...