Thursday 6 October 2016

Government Approved


The saying goes good things come to those that wait, and waiting me and my other half have, almost four years knowing each other we are finally on the last leg of being together in the same country as equal citizens (almost). Personally, the excitement is almost too much to contain as the final month approaches.

The final part of the visa application was the US embassy interview, scared as I was I made the long trip down again to London, this time taking in a sight or two. Arriving in London I headed straight to Camden market to see the sights and check out the various shops. After picking up a few Christmas presents, I stumbled across the peculiar sight of a brilliant interpretation of the mad hatter (from Tim Burton’s world), truly brilliant, as he would say. Before a great gig at The Borderline, I hunted down a takeaway and come across the famous Harry potter musical in all its glory, maybe one day it will tour state side. After an okay sleep in a restless hostel, I high tailed it over to the science museum to check out the moth and Amy Johnson exhibition being based in Hull it’s good to see how far the legends spreads. 


Then the time had come, the interview which would change the rest of my life was imminent. Entering through security I accidently left in a pair of scissors in my bag from work and boy did it take me a good ten minutes to find them with security watching my every move, scary as I found them I was ushered into the building. After meeting the dated waiting room and sitting down, I was greeted with some USA national tour guides interesting they may be they didn’t have one for Wisconsin, gutted!

The first time I was called up was to check my paperwork, while waiting for the second time, I stared out the window and noticed a state flag outside the window, curiously, and it was the Wisconsin state, my home with my home girl. Three hours and twenty minutes later I approached the window and raised my hands, after a few questions and confirmations, I heard the words, you’re approved. I could have fell to the ground and wept as my pain, our pain was almost over... I left the embassy and welled up as I knew the next chapter of our lives was only about to begin. Now time for a pizza and a beer to celebrate.
PS new drop dead store looks awesome, although needs more stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kenny making plenty of hoops.

 KennyHoopla at The Rave Milwaukee - 11-26-2021 From rags to riches it seems as KennyHoopla has gone from an online artist to a new rock s...